Sunday, March 28, 2010

SU 2 Step Bird Punch

Had a few hours to myself yesterday to really play with this punch-I love how these turned out.

This first card is made with PTI paper-Ocean Tides, Spring Rain & Aqua Mist. The wing of the bird is made from a scrap of the Everyday Blessings patterened paper 6x6 pad. Background is Aqua Mist and it is embossed with CB folder from the Romance collection. Ocean Tides is punched with the new EK Success punch-Flowers & Blooms I think it's called-I just picked it up this week & really like it. A couple of prima flowers with blingy centers from Recollections. 


This one has one of my favorite SU color combo's-Old Olive & Ruby Red.  Squares are 2x2 then layered on Old olive. This card also uses the new SU Vintage Vogue stamp set-first time I've used it.




I finally tried the Easel Card-directions are from Splitcoaststampers are here:

The paper is SU kraft, Pacific Point, Confetti Cream & DCWV Luxury stack. The scalloped circle is the Mega punch from Marvy & the 2 oval punches are the 2 smallest ones from Marvy also. Button is SU Pacific Point from last years In Colors. This card is so easy to make-I just need to either make or buy envies to fit it in.



May be difficult to see the little bird on this one-It is punched from the patterened paper too-I added a little pearl eye so it can be picked out. The paper is SU Rose Romance and Always Artichoke.  Here is a close up of the bird too.





Plain & simple but really elegant looking. I think it might make a nice Wedding or Anniversary card.

Dots embossing folder done on white paper, 2 birds & wings punched out of white paper & sponged with SU Chocolate Chip ink, added a K & Co teal eye. Branck/leaves punched from SU Always Artichoke. Done!



And a little bit of bright color for the last one! These colors are all this years In Colors. Bird is punched from a scrap-and a little blue eye blingy from Recollections. I did use the ticket corner punch as the center piece was a little too big for my card front.


1 comment: