Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mastering yeast

Did that catch your attention???  I have decided that I will no longer be afraid of yeast-that's right-yeast. As in what all those sweet delectable desserts are made of. And those yummy rolls and breads. My mom worked in our school cafeteria for a few years & her oatmeal rolls were a huge hit not only with the other school kids but with us as well. I have always been intimidated by any recipe that calls for yeast & have never attempted using. it. THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT!!!! I found a pretty simple recipe for whole wheat yeast rolls, bought my yeast packets & whole wheat flour and this morning mixed up my first batch. I think they may actually turn out ok!!!  Right now they are rising -here is a picture. If you don't see another mention today, you'll know it didn't go so well. Wish me luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment